Self portrait

Self portrait
Love of my life

Friday, March 6, 2009

Contemplating Careers

Yesterday I went to WCC and listened to a nursing program advisor explain their program. Wow! I was overwhelmed to find out that they have no waiting lists, that the program is an intensive 2 years with clinicals, labs, and lecture all beginning in the first quarter. In order to even be able to apply to the program, I will have many pre-requisites to complete. I have a meeting with an advisor to discuss this specifically next week. I don't know that this is absolutely what I want to do but it is time to start thinking about what I want to do when my kids are in school full time. I do know that I do not want to be a homemaker forever. I feel I have many talents when it comes to working with people and caregiving. I really enjoyed my job at the eye clinic years ago, but I felt that I was underpaid immensly. I don't know that Whatcom county holds a place for me. Scott suggested today that I explore photography a little more. That was a huge surprise to me, as it is something I have never thought of doing professionally but certainly something I love doing! I will need more time to digest this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sittin' on the dock of the bay...

Sittin' on the dock of the bay...
Summer time memories

Brothers like no others

Brothers like no others

My Subaru

My Subaru
For Sale