Self portrait
Love of my life
Sunday, October 4, 2009
At wits end
I think it is time to go see Kyle's pediatrician (again). We are continuing to have difficulty with getting him to eat a variety of foods. I have brought the subject up at past appointments but the doc felt that it was not an issue. The mommy intuition is telling me that I need to intervene, I mean - crap! This has been going on for over 2 years. We started with mealtime rules which included staying at the dinner table with the family for 10 min. before getting up. He soon realized that it was easy to watch the clock then bolt. We then changed the rules to having him stay at the dinner table until we were all done, again...that backfired. The kid refuses to try any food at dinner time that is not one of the following items: Chicken Dinos, grilled cheese sandwich (but only when served with tomato soup - and he won't eat tomato soup unless there are goldfish crackers with it), PB&J sandwich, and occasionally he will eat one of those microwavable chicken nugget kids meals (but none of the other items on the tray). So yep, that's it...no pizza, not hot dogs, no mac & cheese, none of that childhood goodness. He will not even taste anything new. The last few nights Scott & I have been making him eat at least a small (and I mean minuscule) bite of dinner and then he can be excused. Well tonight it backfired on me terribly. Chicken (breast of chicken) & rice were on the menu and I told him he gets to choose, either one bite of rice or one bite of chicken. He reluctantly, after a half an hour of sitting at the table and whining the entire time, took a bite of rice and then vomited all over the place. So, what to do??? I went to these Mommy websites and founds leads to books & online chat forums but it just seems that my kid is so different than what else is going on out there and I am pulling my hair out. I hope I can get some support from somewhere soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sittin' on the dock of the bay...
Summer time memories
Brothers like no others
My Subaru
For Sale
Ugh...I can't imagine what that would be like! Did he really throw up or just spit it out??
ReplyDelete